Jo Stewart is a Registered Social Worker. She has over 16 years’ experience and qualifications in counselling as well as social work. Her role provides a social work service for patients at Lyttelton Health Centre.
Your GP or nurse can refer you to Jo. This is FREE service for patients.
Social Work can assist with many areas, such as
- Goal setting to improve health outcomes
- Advocacy WINZ
- Connections and activities in the community
- Behavioural activation
- Links to employment, study options
- Family harm reduction
- Support plans for mental health issues
- Someone to talk to for support
- Referrals to community supports
- Parenting support, child protection
- Stress management, techniques to manage anxiety etc
If something isn’t listed, please ask your GP or nurse if suitable for social work referral.